Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cedar Chest Bench Seat

Pin It Now! Introducing my grandmother's cedar chest. It's old and worn, but smells oh-so-heavenly every time I open it. I decided to move it into my sewing space to pull double duty as extra craft storage and a bench seat. So I sewed a new cushion and two pillows to doll it up.

Have you heard Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's song Home? It makes me so happy every time I listen to it :) These pillows have a similar effect... one says home and the neighboring pillow has my state appliqued on it. Oh for the love of cuteness!

And I embroidered a tiny heart where Boise is:



3 comments:

jabeybaby said...

I love the home pillow with the state! So cute!!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Love how you incorporated the Idaho State. I should do that except I don't know that BC is all that easy or pretty to sew.

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled to your site...Boise is my home. I love it, and your work!